SCRIP

Informational Power Point

The fundraiser that works while you shop

 

What is SCRIP?

Shopwithscrip.com – a new internet-based way for you to raise money for the PWSH Band and your band student. SCRIP is a fundraising program that works while you shop.

SCRIP is simply a word that means “substitute money” – in other words, SCRIP is gift cards from national and local retailers. They’re the same gift cards that you would buy at the store, but you buy them all on-line. Many popular retailers participate in the SCRIP program including JCPenney, American Eagle Outfitters, The Gap, Shell, Chevron, Pizza Hut, Olive Garden, Lowes, Tom Thumb, Wal-Mart and many, many others. Use them for your regular personal expenses such as groceries, home repairs, appliances, clothes, restaurants, pharmacies, movie theaters, gas and bookstores. Plus, they make convenient birthday, holiday, teacher and special occasion gifts! Everyone loves gift cards!

 

How do these stores help us raise money?

It’s simple – Families like yours buy the gift cards for full face value, they redeem them for full face value, and our students and the band get to keep a percentage of the sale of each gift card. SCRIP is exciting, because everybody wins:

The retailer gets cash up front and repeat business… You get a powerful fundraising alternative that involves no selling or order taking… Our band gets a regular source of revenue! This revenue can be credited to each individual band student’s account to help cover their Spring Trip and banquet expenses.

The beauty of SCRIP is that you put your regular household shopping dollars to work and earn money for your student’s Spring Trip. Just spend your regular shopping dollars with SCRIP at the stores that participate in the SCRIP program!

 

Who can use ShopwithScrip?

Any PWSH band family can use ShopwithScrip. First, to place orders, you have to enroll yourself online with PWSH band’s non-profit organization enrollment code. Se the back for further details.

SCRIP Step-By-Step

 

New to SCRIP Ordering?

  • Go to shopwithscrip.com
  • Click Join a Program
  • Enter Enrollment Code for PWSH Band: D1D896F35L37
  • System responds with:
  • PWSH Band Boosters/Plano Texas
  • Follow registration process.

Registered Users

(returning customers do not have to re-register)

  • Go to com
  • Click Sign in
  • Click Dashboard
  • If “Plano West SHS Band Boosters/Plano, TX” is not listed already, click on “Manage Non-Profits” at bottom of the page
  • Click on “Join another non-profit” and enter Plano West’s code: D1D896F35L37
  • If you are a member of more than one non-profit group, please make sure PWSH Band Boosters/Plano TX is your default setting

 

To Create an Order Form for SCRIP Pre-paid cards

  • Click Shop. (You will be prompted to Login if you haven’t already done so)
  • Add items to your shopping cart.
  • Make sure Organization selected is Plano West SHS Band Boosters/Plano, TX
  • Check Out/Submit order when finished shopping.
  • Print: Save to PDF your order. 
  • Payment methods: PrestoPay on ShopWithScrip or check, made out to Plano West Band Boosters, placed in black box.
  • EmailKeiko Letkiewicz at lefty@wt.netwith your students name and school ID number, payment method (PrestoPay or check in black box) and attach the order PDF to the email. 
  • You will receive an email when you’re order is ready. You can pick up your order at the next booster meeting.

Points to Understand

  1. PrestoPay options are available. To enroll, click on the Payment Types link under Family Functions on your Dashboard. You will receive your electronic card (ScripNow or ReloadNow) purchases instantly if payment is made with PrestoPay.    
  2. The term “discount” on the order form refers to the percent of card value that is returned to the band. It does not affect the price or value of the card.
  3. Your order is not placed until after the coordinator has received the emailed form and proof of payment.
  4. Allow one to two weeks for physical card orders to arrive. They will be shipped to the band office and you will be notified by email when they are ready to pick up. Cards cannot be mailed to your home.
  5. To calculate the money going to the student’s account, multiply the value of the card times the discount rate. Of that number 90% goes into the students account. The remaining 10% goes to the general band fund.
  6. Check out the “What’s New” tab to see new or changed offerings. Retailers are being added all the time!

 

 

 

Orders for the year will be collected on: Monday, July 9; Friday, August 2; Friday, September 6; Friday, October 4; Friday, November 1; Tuesday, December 3; Friday, January 10; Tuesday, February 4; Friday, March 6 

 

4:00 pm will be the time deadline, all emails must be delivered by this time.

 

More information is available on Membership Toolkit

Questions? Contact Keiko Letkiewicz at lefty@wt.net

Upcoming Events

 
Google Calendar