Plano West Band Boosters
The Plano West Band Boosters is the organization, that includes all band parents, and supports our band students and directors. The boosters work closely with the directors, who are also Band Booster members. They are here to assist the band directors, where needed, allowing the directors more time to focus on developing our students' talents, by coordinating activities for the band and, where necessary, providing additional resources.
To keep costs as low as we can, we supplement the limited funds allotted us by PISD. With these extra funds we help with the educational experience for each of our students. The Plano West Band fees helps us continue the excellence of the Band.
How can you help? You can help by becoming an active member of the Boosters. This means volunteering at events, where and when you are able to. We appreciate our volunteers and encourage you to help at least once. It takes a village to make everything run smoothly. The band is involved in many activities, each one enhances your kids experience. We need your help to make this the most amazing band experience your kid has had. Your kids may not tell you how much they love having you there, but they do!
The Band Boosters provide:
- Volunteers: chaperones for the games, UIL; Wolf Prowl and Spring Trip; help in the pit during half time games and UIL competitions; help at Starlight concert and many more activities.
- Funds for:
- new equipment needs
- clinicians and instructors for band camps for marching band and concert band
- the creation of the marching drills
- custom music arrangements
- TMEA Convention for Band Directors
- Any other support as needed by directors
Your registration fees are $100 per student per year.
For questions, please contact our coordinator, Meg Stutzmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most importantly, the benefits of participation include the satisfaction of knowing that you have done your share in the support of your child in the band.